Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let The Good Times Roll...


I know it's been a while since I posted anything new, but now that I am on summer break from the school I work at let's just say.... my creativity is in full bloom and I'm ready to....
Let the good times roll!!

I have two mini pomeranians that are so fluffy that if you put a collar on them you can't see it for all the hair. I decided I wanted to make them pretty collars that we could see and dog tags to match. I used Tim Holtz's fragment pieces for my base. I cut out paper to fit the dog-tag shaped fragment and used glossy accents to glue it on. Then I drew the design on by hand and added three star jewels. I then covered the top with resin and let them sit for three days. I know that's a long time, but you have to be patient not to touch before it has fully cured.

The collars are made out of pretty wedding ribbon with tiny pearls. I measured the length of ribbon then added an inch so that I could fold over a half inch on each side an hand sew to the clasp. On one side I also sewed on a metal loop to hang the tag from. After sewing on the clasp, I cut 8 inch strips of pink and black ribbon and hand tied them all around (This is so we can see the cute collar!!), then I attached two jump rings to the dog tags and secured it to the loop on the collar.

I had the best time making these for my babies. They are not to sure about them, yet.

Hope you enjoy Diva and Angel modeling their new collars. (They are three yr old sisters and Angel is the smaller girl)

1 comment: